February 20, 2012
December 7, 2011
The Tobago House of Assembly culminated tourism month with its award ceremony held in the Atrium of the Gulfcity Lowlands Mall on 30th November 2011. The 2011 TGFT Event was recipient of Best Event in 2011. The TGFT considers this recognition and award a tremendous achievement considering the many other events which occur throughout the year. Among these would be the prestigious and long standing Marlin Madness, Sail Week, Dragon Boat Festival, Rainbow Triathlon and Tobago Cycle Classic. The TGFT thanks all sponsors, anglers, suppliers, tournament control, volunteers and friends who help to make each event better. Lastly congratulations to our Director Daniella Jacelon, without your efforts this achievement would not have been possible.
April 3, 2011
The final day of fishing from the Tobago International Game Fish Tournament.
April 3, 2011
Lay day activities from the Tobago International Game Fishing Tournament 2011.
April 1, 2011
A record number of boats show up for the bimini start and the action is underway!
March 31, 2011
Registration for the 16th Annual Tobago International Game Fishing Tournement Officially opened on Wednesday 30th March 2011! The Tournament Committee, Staff and the entire Charlotteville Community welcomed all of the Guests as they made their way to shore to Register.
Registration closed at 38 Boats with 198 Anglers in the International Division and 22 Boats with 45 Anglers for the Local Division. Here is a clip of some of the activities surrounding Registration Day in Beautiful Charlotteville, Tobago. The Tournament action contiues until Saturday 2nd April 2011.
Updates will continue here on www.tgft.com and on our Event page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/event.php?eid=161419220579424 Stay Tuned!
December 13, 2010
It is official…! The Tobago International Game Fishing Tournament and the Trinidad and Tobago Game Fishing Association Marlin Madness Tournament have joined forces to present the most extraordinary fishing event to bless the shores of beautiful Tobago … Welcome the Tobago Billfish Bonanza 2011.
We are more than ecstatic to team up to present two world class International Tournaments into one full week of fishing and activities that will be jointly coordinated and executed by the two committees.
Schedule of Events
Saturday 26th March, 2011- Pigeon Pt.
TTGFA Registration /TIGFT Pre-Registration
Sunday 27th March, 2011- Pigeon Pt.
TTGFA Fishing Day #1
Monday 28th March, 2011- Pigeon Pt.
TTGFA Fishing Day #2/Prize Giving Ceremony
Tuesday 29th March, 2011- Pigeon Pt.
TTGFA Lay Day Activities
Wednesday 30th March, 2011- Charlotteville
Thursday 31st March, 2011- Charlotteville
TIGFT Fishing Day#1
Friday 1st April, 2011- Charlotteville
TIGFT Lay Day Activities
Saturday 2nd April, 2011- Charlotteville
TIGFT Fishing Day #2/ Prize Giving Ceremony
April 19, 2010
INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT STATISTICS
- Growth of the Tournament – 2010 has brought another amazing turnout of 58 boats combined with Local and International Registrations.
- 32 Boats Participated from Trinidad, Tobago, and Barbados.
- 169 Anglers from Finland, The USA, Canada, Jamaica, United Kingdom, Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago. Comprising of:
165 Male Anglers, 4 Female Anglers and of which 4 are Junior Anglers.
- We want to express our appreciation to all our anglers and boats. The boats from Barbados and Trinidad thanks for making the effort to participate. Our local boats thanks for once again coming out in our numbers to represent Tobago.
- Highlights: We saw 31 boats for our Bimini Start on Thursday. Congratulations to Female Angler Jeanne Aleong of Ega Beaver on a well fought 7 hour fight on Fishing Day 2.
- Species of Fish Caught or Tagged and Released – Blue Marlin, Sailfish, White Marlin, Wahoo, Dolphin and Yellowfin Tuna. A White Marlin was released by Angler Ryan Agar on Why Worry. We have not seen this many Tuna in a long time…
- Total Weight of Fish Brought to Scale 1,415.1 lbs.; Double last year’s overall weight!
- Statistics – 18 Blue Marlin, 1 White Marlin, 4 Sailfish, 12 Dolphin, 23 Yellowfin Tuna, 3 Wahoo.
LOCAL TOURNAMENT STATISTICS:
- 25 Boats Participated in the Local Division of the event. We hope to see even more of the Local Tobago Fishermen here next year.
- Highlights: Total weight of fish brought to scale was 1,089.3 lbs. Congrats to Elton Phillips and Seon Barry onboard So Jah Say from Castara on their Catch of two giant Groupers weighting 264 and 236 lbs. Both pulled in on hand line.
* Overall, we have seen 2,504.7lbs bought to scale.
At the Closing of this, our Fifteenth event of the Tobago International Game Fishing Tournament, we would like to extend our deepest gratitude to all of those persons and entities that have truly supported and worked with us to make this Tournament a great success.
A special THANK YOU to our dedicated and valued Sponsors:
- To the generous support from the Tobago House of Assembly – Divison of Tourism and Sport and Youth affairs.
- Sterling Service Limited who sponsored the Prize of a Mercedes-Benz B-Class for the record Breaking Blue Marlin
- The Tourism Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- The Team at Vemco, Distributor of Gatorade, the official hydrator of the Tournament
- Carib Brewery - For coming on board with Battery, Black wolf and the official beer of the tournament.
- Digicel – Who have continued to support our local division.
- National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited for facilitating the Fuel requirements for the Participating Boats
- Amco – Dewar’s 12, Grey Goose,
- Tobago Water – The official water of the tournament.
- Lewis Appliances, D. Mankee Ltd., Yeti Coolers, Bar Code, BHP Billiton
- Blue Waters Inn, FCB, Republic Bank, J. Wong, G1 Enterprises
- Bodo Muche Studio, Black Bart Lures, Momoi’s High Catch Line
There are many more Sponsors involved in the Tournament that are too many to be mentioned, but who’s assistance is extremely important to the success of the event; Thank You for your contributions and support. We appreciate all of your efforts and hope to have you with us for our 15th event!
We would like to warmly thank Our Judge, Mr. Robert Miller for his contribution to this Tournament.
A very special part of our Tournament for the last 8 years is Charlotteville!
Our Thanks to:
- Charlotteville Village Council
- The entire Fishing Community of Charlotteville and all of its Residents and Visitors
- Sharon and Walter of Sharon and Phebes Restaurant for their tremendous efforts
- Bayview Supermarket, Charlotteville NP Gas Station
- All of the Water Taxis who provided service to the participants, Thanks for a Great Job all of you and a special Mention to Anto for the extra service provided
- Charlottevilla, Blue Waters Inn, Man-O-War Cottages
- TEMA for all the coordination efforts throughout the tournament.
- Charlotteville Police Station
- Customs and Immigrations for accommodating us and to all other contributors. Thanks for your support and accommodations!
To our Anglers, we are happy to have had your support over the years! We hope you had a Wonderful TIGFT Adventure and we hope to see you back again in 2011!
March 19, 2010
The final results for the 15th Annual Tobago International Game Fishing Tournament have been posted! Congratulations to all of this year’s winners and a big thank you from the tournament committee to all of our anglers, members, staff, friends and, of course, the wonderful Charlotteville community for helping us make this another successful event. See you next year!!
February 10, 2010
Gerard “Frothy” de Silva and Ricardo Huggins of the Tobago International Game Fishing Tournament will be on hand at the 2010 Miami International Boat Show promoting “Fishing Destination – Tobago” to raise awareness of the incredible sport fishing available in the region. Boat show dates are 11-15 February at the Miami Beach Convention Center and our booth will be found in the Big Game Room.
Come by to learn more!